We specialise in PROFESSIONAL BOOK DESIGN, QUALITY SELF PUBLISHING, BOOK MARKETING and BOOK DISTRIBUTION.
Porcupine Press offers a comprehensive range of publishing services for authors who are considering the self publishing option. We offer a one-stop service from publishing right through to distribution of both paperbacks and eBooks. We are dedicated to independent publishing and take pride in giving personal service with face-to-face relationships and sincere, honest and knowledgeable advice about the book industry.
Our services are pitched at levels to suit your pocket: from a basic ‘do-it-yourself’ package to full professional publishing services. Through our modular service approach you as the author will have the freedom to match individual service components to suit your needs.
The main service components are:
- Free Manuscript Assessment Service
- Professional Book Production
- Marketing & Distribution
- POD (Print-on-Demand) Printing Services
- Online Bookstore
- EBook Conversion, Distribution & Amazon Marketing
1. Free Manuscript Assesment
If you are interested in our free assessment service please send us the following:
- The title of the book
- The manuscript word count
- A short synopsis of approximately 150 words
- The first two chapters of your manuscript
Submissions can be made by email email@example.com.
Please DO NOT sent the entire manuscript at this stage.
You should expect to wait 1 – 2 weeks for our free assessment service.
2. Book Production and Publishing Services
Porcupine Press does not have packages.
- We cost our book production and publishing quotations using the word count of a manuscript.
- From the word count we can work out an average page count.
- This is because each size of book has an average number of words per page.
- We do use the International norms for the size of the books.
- The normal book sizes are 198 X 129mm; 203 x 133mm; A5‒210 X 148mm; 229 X 15mm; 234 X 156mm and 244 X 170mm.
- Obviously here are differing sizes depend on what type of book you need to publish. For example, children’s books and coffee-table books, vary considerably.
- Therefore all quotations are based on the word count and extrapolated page count.
- Marketing & Distribution Services:
We will distribute and market your paperback, hardcover and eBooks, and form an invaluable intermediary function between you and the retail market. Discounts are given if you take more than one marketing and distribution package.
- Marketing and Publicity: R9,000 per month for three months
- Local book distribution: R 2,800.00 plus Vat sign-up fee
- International POD distribution – R 3 500
- EBook Conversion – R 3 500
- International EBook distribution – R 3 000
For further information please Contact us for our distribution guideline booklet.
If you need more information on any of the above, please request our detailed services booklet. CONTACT US TODAY!