Porcupine offers a comprehensive range of high-quality publishing services for authors who are considering the self-publishing option. We offer a one-stop service from publishing right through to distribution and online sales of both books and e-books. We are dedicated to independent publishing and take pride in giving personal service with face-to-face relationships with honest and knowledgeable advice about the book industry. Our services are costed individually, which means that authors will only pay for what they need or want.
The main service modules are:
- Free Manuscript Assessment Service. Send a synopsis, a word count, and two chapters, and authors will receive a brief assessment plus a way forward.
- Author mentoring. Sometimes, the idea for a book is better than the author’s skill in doing justice to it. Professional help is available.
- Book Production, with editing, layout & design, proofing, and printing, individually costed. Porcupine does NOT offer ‘packages’.
- Marketing & Distribution. Porcupine distributes for other small publishers and individual authors as well as its own books.
- Marketing is subcontracted to an experienced book publicist for a three month period.
- Powerful online Book Mart. The financial returns for authors are more than three times higher here than can be expected from mainstream bookshops.
- E-book Conversion, Distribution & Amazon Marketing. Our e-books are converted into epub and mobi formats.